Thursday, July 30th, 11am-1pm
(Previously scheduled for Thurs, May 21st from 11am-1pm)
Egyptian Cuisine with Dave - $50 per person
For 3000 years the cuisine of Egypt has been influenced by the Greeks, Romans, and other countries from the Middle East, making it one of the most sought after cuisines in the Mediterranean. In this class we are going to explore some of the popular foods of Egypt and enjoy their wonderful, unique fresh flavors! This is a hands-on class.
On the menu:
- Ful Medames – Fava Beans in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Kushari – Lentils, Rice, and Pasta, topped with Tomato sauce
- Fatteh – Pita with Chickpeas and Yogurt
- Basbousa – Semolina Cake with Orange Blossom Water
*This class has been rescheduled from May 2020 due to Covid19. If you were previously scheduled for this class, this is your new date! We hope to see you soon. If you have any questions regarding rescheduling please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 719-308-2992 and we'll be happy to help!
Thurs, July 30: Egyptian Cuisine
Gather Covid-19 Policies for Customers:
- Masks must be worn at all times during the cooking class, with exception to dining. If you choose to stay and dine with us, please store your mask in a pocket or in a plastic bag (we will providing one with your meal).
- Increased Hand Washing:
- As usual, we will be asking everyone to wash their hands at the beginning of class. We will also ask you to wash your hands at the conclusion of class. We may ask you to wash your hands if we so determine (ie. We see face touching, cross-contamination or so forth).
- Gloves are available if it is preferred, however, we will monitor glove use and may ask you to change them frequently based on our determination.
- We will be asking that those assigned to the dining room stations use the bathroom sink for hand-washing and those assigned to the studio use the kitchen to provide adequate social distancing.
- Hand Sanitizer will also be placed on each station, however, sanitizer should not replace proper hand washing.
- Established Customer Waiting Area in the garden. We have re-worked our garden space to allow for safe social distancing. Please head directly from the front and side door out to the garden to wait for class to begin. You may also come through the garden gate in the back. The interior door leading into the dining room will be locked until we begin class.
- Personal Items: Please leave all personal items such as purses, bags, etc at home or locked in your car. We will also no longer be allowing re-usable bags or to-go containters. The instructor will pack up all of the food at the conclusion of class and you are welcome to join us to dine in the garden or take your meal to go.
- Practice Safe Social Distancing: We will have “X”’s on the floor to mark 6ft of social distance space. Please know that if you signed up as a single for a class you may be partnered with someone you don’t know.
- BE NICE!! We understand that this is a trying time, however, we do expect everyone at Gather to be accepting and understanding of different points of view. This is not the place to discuss beliefs or criticize others for their beliefs. Any disrespectful behavior will be dealt with swiftly and we reserve the right to ask any one not following the polices to leave.